How to buy Bitcoin in Australia – Statistics on buying Bitcoin internationally and locally
Where can I buy bitcoin in Australia?
There are many exchanges in Australia where you can purchase Bitcoin. Some are slow and cumbersome to verify with also some are very complicated. Easycrypto.com.au is the fastest most user friendly onramp for buying Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in Australia.
Who buys Bitcoin in Australia and why?
There is a range of people buying Bitcoin in Australia for a range of reasons but first let’s look at the global statistics:
- 9% of the total world’s population owns Bitcoin.
- 18% of 18 to 34 year olds own Bitcoin
- 12% aged 35 to 44 year olds own Bitcoin
- 4% for 45 to 54 year olds
- 4% for 55 to 64 year olds
- 65+ year olds coming in at a mere 1%
So looking at this data we can see Bitcoin is definitely a younger person’s game but also the more savvy mature audience is still prone to dabbling in and understanding the fantastic benefits to this new technology.
Now let’s take a look at where in Australia people who buy Bitcoin reside
- 29% are from New South Wales (NSW)
- 27% reside in Victoria (VIC)
- 24% live in Queensland (QLD)
- 8% are in Western Australia (WA)
- 6% are from South Australia (SA)
- 3% live in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
- 2% reside in the Northern Territory (NT)
- And just 1% of Australia’s Bitcoin owners live in Tasmania (TAS)
Interesting isn’t it? Now delving deeper…
Of all the Australian Bitcoin holders, what percentage of Alt Coins do they own?
- Ethereum 17%
- Litecoin 9%
- Monero 6%
- Dash 5%
- Dogecoin 5%
- Any other of thousands of Alt Coins 8%